Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Beginning of Nothing

So, this blog sort of went by the wayside because I'd been so busy. I THOUGHT I'd want to blog when I was in Europe, but really? There were way better things to be doing than to be sitting at my computer typing about what I'd already done. And before I left for Europe, Crew and class projects, and work, etc., etc. -- there was no time to sleep, let alone write.

But now, I am the opposite of busy. Like, pathetically unbusy. Here's the story--

The school requires that you actually PAY them to attend. They're pretty strict about it, actually. I guess they're what you call a "business," or whatever. It's due by a specific date and time and if you DON'T pay it, they drop all of your classes. Usually my dad takes care of this, but with my parent's big move to Canada, my sister starting school at UTSA, and the fact that I didn't tell him that it was due at 5:00 pm sharp until 5:03 pm, I guess he forgot.

"No problem," I assure him. "I can just re-register later this week. All of my classes are upper-division so I should be able to get back into them pretty easily." That's seriously what I thought, until I actually went to re-register and realized it was a TOTAL mess. Also, the advisors did not respond to my e-mails or calls.

Then, I saw this amazing opportunity for an internship at the company that I work for, Bazaarvoice. Full-time at the Austin offices, working in Business Development. Everything that I want to do for a company that I really love. I took a giant leap of faith, applied for the position... and did not re-enroll in classes.

Then, I didn't get the job. Actually, Bazaarvoice decided to discontinue the position, so I'm pretty sure nobody got the job (and yes, that does make me feel better about it.)

So, a lot of things are different this semester. It's weird going from really-super-busy, so-tired-I-just-want-to-cry-all-of-the-time to just... nothing.

But, then I realized: I have ALL of this free time, so I'm going to make something of it. I have time to do all of that stuff that I never had time to do before and, after that, I have time to do stuff I never even thought of doing before. So this is my blog of all of it -- The Nothing Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment