Thursday, April 23, 2009

This... is EXACTLY something I would do.

So, today I had an appointment to look at apartments with my future roommate, Max. Our realtor (Ari at West Campus Living--use her! She is awesome) was nice enough to pick Macks up at Jester and me at my apartment. I went down to wait outside my apartement at 12:05, buck Macks and Ari were nowhere to be seen.

12:07: Nothing

12:10: Nothing

12:13: Finally, the car pulls up and stops. I tug on the handle, the lock pops and I get in. Weird, though, that the front passenger door is opening, too. Why is Macks getting out? Weird, too, that Ari's hair got so much lighter and longer in the two weeks since I've seen her last. Even weirder: Macks has a ponytail.... WHAT'S GOING ON!?

Finally, the driver of the car turns around and gives me a quizzical look. I GOT INTO A STRANGERS CAR!

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I thought you were my realtor!," I say.

"I'm not."

"Well... yes. That's become apparent. I'll just... go then."

The driver really has nothing to say. I don't know what I would do, either, if some stranger came and sat in the backseat of my car. How awkward. And probably kind of scary, too.

What else is there to say? "I'm really sorry about this," I tell her. "REALLY sorry." I awkwardly climb out of the car and return to my place on the sidewalk, waiting for my real ride to arrive.

So that's MY awkward moment of the day. What's yours?

3 comments:

  1. Ah, so attentive to the details as always. Can only imagine the thoughts going through the poor woman's mind... Who is getting in my car??? and what did I do to deserve that? Did you have a shopping cart nearby or look destitute, even better.
    Well it is Said Keep it Weird and you are doing your part huh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha
    Jennifer: i bet that girl has a twitter blog and is writing about the weird girl who hopped into her car.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. we want to hear about the chocolate bar incident where you ate two whole pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete