Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oh, hey... btw: This is going to be my travel blog for the summer.

So, I’m sitting at Hobby Airport waiting for my flight to Atlanta. Alone. Yep— Nessie, Sarah, and Matthew are already in the air on the way there. The ONE good thing about this is that I didn’t MISS the flight. Apparently there is just stuff going on with delays and problems with air traffic control at the Atlanta airport, so all flights into Atlanta are running late. They moved Nessie, Sarah, and Matt to the 3:30 flight that actually left at 4:20, but I'm stuck on the 5:45 flight that may or may not leave on time.

I really have no idea WHAT time I’m leaving for Atlanta. The monitor at gate 32 said that the flight is “On Time” to leave at 5:45, but it is 5:08 and there is no plane at the gate… Wait... as I typed that, the Gate monitor went blank. Hmm… I wonder what’s going on?

-----
Ok. Now the flight is officially delayed until 7:30 ☹. Oh well. What can you do?

Khalib, the guy at the Delta help desk, told me this was probably going to happen. If the flight from Atlanta to London is running late, there's a chance that I can make it. BUT, if that flight is running on time, I’ll be spending a night in the Atlanta airport and catch a plane to Heathrow tomorrow night.

I’m staying optimistic, but whatever happens, happens. Hopefully the next time I’m writing to you will be from London. Or it might be from the airport in Atlanta. Who knows?

I’ve realized that worrying about stuff like this isn’t going to make anything change. It will only stress me out. (A lesson it’s only taken me 20 years, 240 days to learn).

To be honest, I'm actually kind of relieved to have some alone time to give me a break between the 40-some hours in the car to and from Tennessee and the 2 months traveling with Matt and Sarah. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment